Bookmark and Share
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default S-40503 (S-4) Sarm profile:

S-40503
    S-40503 is an investigational selective androgen receptor modulator (SARM) developed by the Japanese company Kaken Pharmaceuticals, which was developed for the treatment of osteoporosis. SARMs are a new class of drugs which produce tissue-specific anabolic effects in some tissues such as muscle and bone, but without stimulating androgen receptors in other tissues such as in the prostate gland, thus avoiding side effects such as benign prostatic hypertrophy which can occur following treatment with unselective androgens like testosterone or anabolic steroids.[1]

S-40503 is a SARM that shows good functional selectivity for bone tissue, and has relatively little effect on muscle mass and no observable effect on the prostate gland. In animal studies it was shown to increase both bone mineral density and biomechanical strength of femoral cortical bone, and at low doses showed anabolic effects only on bone tissue, while at higher doses both bone and muscle growth were affected, yet prostate gland enlargement was not seen at any dose tested. The lack of virilizing effects means that S-40503 may even be suitable for use in women, which would be a substantial advantage over existing drugs as women tend to be more likely to suffer from osteoporosis, and are generally contraindicated from taking anabolic steroids due to the risk of side effects such as masculinisation and hirsutism.[2] Since these promising initial studies, no further data about S-40503 has been published by Kaken, and it is thought that rather than being developed for human use itself, S-40503 may be more likely to be used as a lead compound for the development of novel derivatives with similar bone anabolic effects, but longer in vivo half-life and better bioavailability.[3]

Selective androgen receptor modulators may also be used by athletes to assist in training and increase physical stamina and fitness, potentially producing effects similar to anabolic steroids but with significantly less side effects. For this reason, SARMs have already been banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency since January 2008 despite no drugs from this class yet being in clinical use, and blood tests for all known SARMs are currently being developed.[4][5]

References

^ Gao W, Dalton JT. Expanding the therapeutic use of androgens via selective androgen receptor modulators (SARMs). Drug Discovery Today. 2007 Mar;12(5-6):241-8. doi:10.1016/j.drudis.2007.01.003 PMID 17331889
    ^ Hanada K, Furuya K, Yamamoto N, Nejishima H, Ichikawa K, Nakamura T, Miyakawa M, Amano S, Sumita Y, Oguro N. Bone anabolic effects of S-40503, a novel nonsteroidal selective androgen receptor modulator (SARM), in rat models of osteoporosis. Biological and Pharmaceutical Bulletin. 2003 Nov;26(11):1563-9. doi:10.1248/bpb.26.1563 PMID 14600402
    ^ Gao W, Kim J, Dalton JT. Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of nonsteroidal androgen receptor ligands. Pharmaceutical Research. 2006 Aug;23(8):1641-58. PMID 16841196
    ^ Thevis M, Kohler M, Schl

NTBM Customer support: 1-631-443-4461
    "Everyone dies, but not everyone lives. In my opinion theres nothing worse than a man who lives just to survive, without making a difference in this world."

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great info in this thread! I love S-4 for a variety of reasons. Its strength gains and fat loss properties are greater than they are with Ostarine. However S-4 does have shown to be somewhat suppressive after running moderate doses for moderate cycle lengths. S-4 also does carry a known vision side effect that will increase sensitivity to transitions from light to dark and vise versa, but can be controlled with dosing. 50mg per day at 5 days on, 2 days off has been effective for many people at giving great gains while keeping the vision sides down. Getting S-4 from a good legitimate source such as Sarmssearch is a must. Do that and you will love the effects from it! I will be running some of their S-4 as soon as I enter my next cut

^Click the Ruthless Banner and enter the code below for discounts on Transaderm and Phytoserms!

BUY ANY COMBINATION OF 3 PHYTOSERMS OR TRANSADERM AND GET 2 FREE!! Use discount code "CYCLENOW" at checkout!

Head of Muscular World Media Inc.

Rick@needtobuildmuscle.com
    "RickRock10" for 10% off at needtobuildmuscle!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great info so far

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing I will add is that given the short half life of S-4 (around 4 hours), it is best to split to doses on it IMO. I like to go with 25mg in the AM and then 25mg in the PM.

^Click the Ruthless Banner and enter the code below for discounts on Transaderm and Phytoserms!

BUY ANY COMBINATION OF 3 PHYTOSERMS OR TRANSADERM AND GET 2 FREE!! Use discount code "CYCLENOW" at checkout!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks.
    UK NTBM Representative
    jw@needtobuildmuscle.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

make sure 1 of the doses is pre WO tho, about 1 hr pre WO is perfect time to dose it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder WHY exacly it causes temp vision issues, any one know?

"Everyone dies, but not everyone lives. In my opinion theres nothing worse than a man who lives just to survive, without making a difference in this world."

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Juced_porkchop View Post
    I wonder WHY exacly it causes temp vision issues, any one know?

That is a good question. I've never heard an answer on it, though I would like to know as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    That is a good question. I've never heard an answer on it, though I would like to know as well.
    bumpp?

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat827 View Post
    make sure 1 of the doses is pre WO tho, about 1 hr pre WO is perfect time to dose it.

I would agree with that as well. A dose preworkout and then another dose later on would be best. I usually do an AM dose and a PM dose that are usually about 12 hours apart. The doses could be closer together than that, but that is just how it works out with my schedule

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

something messes with the occular receptor i believe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Juced_porkchop View Post
    bumpp?
    S4 binds to the occular receptors.
    Why be Clark Kent when I can be Superman?